kopi hearts and lily pies

Tuesday, September 26, 2006
A letter to MnMs

Infront of the faded yellow cement wall that blocked out half of World's beautiful face
and the youthful sunrise,
did i see, for the first time, Fear.
That distant helpless Fear,
like liquid air, crepting above a sea of emptiness.
I witnessed it- everything.
How this Fear swallowed your bravado like a starved whale
ready to comsume any being swimming in its waters.
This was, indeed, the very first time
I saw consternation in your eyes..

Despite all that sad longing to hold you,
I did not succumb to the Melancholy god
as i heard a whisper from Fear
telling me that you were afraid because you cared for me and my safety
And, ironically,
deep down, in the depths of the ocean of Emotion's centre,
just like how a sea anemone tickles the fishes awake,
I felt a warm fuzzy feeling of being loved.

It frightened me at first,
as i had never seen someone suffering in such intensity.
Your eyes gave it all away, you know.
Though you did not mention much,
I read your thoughts like a book.
Without a doubt,
I admit I am a little afraid
but it's ohkay,
I trust in you to make things right.
So stop frowning, really.
It'll give you wrinkles and oh no,
I don't want you to grow old that fast.

Don't worry about me,
I'll be ohkay.
My dear God has bestowed upon me Love's largesse.
I will protect myself
so please wipe off that frown upon your face.
It takes lesser muscles to smile(:
I will stand by you, always.

Thanks for that heartfelt message that made me breakdown after reading it. Simple and sweet, that's what i call sincerity.

Vanessa, The Unfortunate Bimbo
Fine, i'll admit it- I can be absolutely brainless sometimes. But! But! But! I stress on the word 'SOMETIMES'. spell 'Seventeen', 'Hospitality and Tourism Management', 'HipHop and Modern Dance' and your name(: and you've got me!

old folks' home
ain
huifen
kealeang
minhua
mark
mariam
ngiam
siobhan
shireen
shiekha
siyuan
tryphoza
the gays
xue wei
Alyssa
Anastasia
Pastor Aaron
Ber
Bertrand
Colleen
Clarissa
Carmen
Clayton
Desmond
Denver
Dawn
David
Eunice
Elaine
Felicia
Georgi
Gabby
Isabelle
Jessica
Jacko
Jesslyn
Jasmine Wong
Marie
Michele
Mitchell
Natalie Ng
Natalie Pang
Ryan
Rach
Ralph
Shane
Sam Liew
Sam Phua
Tash
Vanda
Yi Ying